How to Use Organic Raw Protein Powder in Everyday Meals
Eating a healthy diet is important but can be a balancing act. Whether you are watching your weight or trying to stay healthy, combining good eating habits with regular exercise is the way to go.
Think you do not have time?
A good healthy meal or snack does not have to be complicated. Certain ready-to-use foods can be a great starting off point and easy to incorporate into your everyday meals.
Do you have a picky eater at home?
Trying to get kids to eat healthy isn’t always easy. Remember that certain habits acquired during adolescence often persist into adulthood such as skipping breakfast, so it is important to teach your kids the pleasure of eating healthy at a young age.
Eating a healthy diet!!
Protein is an important component of a healthy diet. Women and men on average require 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. Athletes require 1.2 – 1.7 g of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. A balanced diet with adequate amounts of protein is important.
It is also recommended that you eat a small snack that is moderate in protein, high in carbohydrates and low in fat 30 minutes to an hour before exercise. After you exercise having protein as part of a carbohydrate-based meal or snack will support muscle building and repair.
Proteins are the main functional and structural building blocks of every cell in your body. Each protein itself is made up of a variety of smaller components called amino acids. Protein is essential for overall health and provides energy. Protein also helps support your workout as it helps repair muscle damage and build muscle.
Here are a few ways on how to use an organic raw protein powder such as Miessence’s Complete Protein Powder in everyday meals to help support your body growth and maintenance.
Why Use an Organic Raw Protein Powder?
What does raw even mean?
Raw foods by definition are those that have not been heated above 104 to 120°F or 40 to 49°C. This means it will be richer in enzymes, vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals that can be destroyed during the cooking process.
Raw protein powder goes beyond organic, delivering a vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free organic raw protein powder blend that is USDA and ACO certified. Not only is it highly nutritious but also easy to digest using organic sprouted and bio-fermented raw protein. The one I use is unflavoured so can be added to almost any recipe!!
- Add organic raw protein powder to your muffins, pancakes, oatmeal, quinoa, waffles or smoothies for a super healthy breakfast option
- Stir some into your yogurt in the morning and add a bit of raw honey, granola and blueberries
- Dissolve a couple teaspoons in your milk and pour over your cereal
- Mix ½ scoop or 1 teaspoon into your juice
- Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie (add in 1 – 2 teaspoons raw unrefined cacoa powder or organic vanilla extract if using unflavoured organic raw protein powder)
- Mix into a little water (just like corn flour) and add into casseroles, stews or sauces just before serving
- Add some to mashed potatoes or soups
- Love burgers or pasta!! Mix ¼ cup into your spaghetti or pasta sauce or ½ cup to make the ultimate protein burger.
- Chicken Parmesan Florentine Meatballs
- What about pizza and/or lasagna? Add 1 scoop of unflavoured organic raw protein powder to your dough the next time you make pizza. Make your own homemade lasagna noodles. Add 1/3 cup of protein powder to your recipe or add it to the sauce or ricotta layers or all three for a protein packed lasagna. Your kids won’t even know it is in there.
- Coconut and Curry Pumpkin Soup
- Need a healthy snack? Mix some organic raw protein powder into your favourite protein ball or bar recipe.
- Almond Butter Protein Granola
- Add 3 tbsp. to one of your muffin recipes. The advantage of using unflavoured protein powder is it has no taste so will go unnoticed if hidden in food.
- Dissolve some in milk and pour over ice and espresso coffee for a protein packed iced coffee.
- Oil-free Carrot Cake Protein Bars
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons to fresh fruit (make sure the fruit has a bit of moisture/juice)
- Use it in cake, cookie and brownie batter.
- 3-Ingredient Cookie
- Love ice cream!!! Here is a healthy alternative - protein ice cream.
- Organic raw protein powder can also be added into puddings, mousse, pie dough and apple crisp
- Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
Do I have your mouth watering yet?
Your kids will never know they are eating protein cookies!!!
I hope these ideas will inform and inspire you to eat healthy. This is just one way to help you and your family stay on track and adopt a healthy eating habit, and making sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet.
Want to get an extra 5% off on top of a 10-40% bulk discount? Stock up on my favourite organic raw protein powder and other amazing organic raw superfood powders that can easily be added to everyday meals.
Contact me for your exclusive coupon.
To your health,
Don't forget to check out my other blog posts on organic raw protein powder!
Latest posts by Susan Rever (The Organictarian) (see all)
- Protein Powder Reviews for 14 Top MLM Companies - October 8, 2017
- 10 Benefits of Raw Organic Protein Powder - October 6, 2017
- How I Lost 6 lbs in 3 Days with the Miessence Certified Organic Weight Loss Shake - July 8, 2017